How Does Coupon Trading Work?
How Does Coupon Trading Work?
In recent years the art of couponing has gone from something that is done by a few people to a massive movement that is saving many families hundreds of dollars a year. There are a number of reasons, but the main one is that families are watching their spending and trying to be as frugal as possible. There are a number of ways to get coupons. The easiest way is to purchase Sunday newspapers, but this does not always give you the coupons you need or want to get the deals you desire. The other option is trading coupons.
Coupon trading is done in a number of forms and most are experienced through forums and blogs. If you search “Coupon blog” you will find a number of blogging sites that will show you current deals and even have coupon databases to help with finding what is currently out there. This is the best way to determine what coupons you need and can acquire for your shopping trips. Once you know what is out there and what you need then you can continue to the next step of acquiring those coupons.
You now want to find a coupon trading forum or trading site by searching “coupon trading”. You will need to create an account and most coupon trading forums use a system of posting all the coupons you have for trade and having people offer what they have in return seat geek coupons . Once the exchange is agreed upon then each person will ship the coupons. Most of the time this works well because of a rating system that is in place and bad traders most likely have been banned. You can also check a person’s rating on most sites before trading with them and sending coupons their way. This makes it a safe practice because the forums are constantly being monitored.
Sometimes you will not have a specific coupon in mind that you want, but still want to trade the massive amount of extra coupons you have. In that case, many people will trade coupons for stamps. If you are going to be trading in the future then trading for stamps is a good way to get value for what you have when there is not a specific coupon you need at the time.
It can get cumbersome to read through the postings at many forums so it is a good rule of thumb to use the search feature to find what you need. Also, many forums will not give you full access to all trading options until you have a few under your belt and “earn” the right to be more involved.
Sorry, this article is not about a special deal or have a printable coupon. Rather this article will help you advance your career in couponing. As a professional or even casual coupon cutter it is important to keep your sanity and here’s a quick list of how to stay sane (and save big)!
1. Do NOT watch, I repeat Do NOT watch Extreme Couponing on TLC. Watching this show will drive you crazy thinking you have to get every ad in the city, spend 8 hours cutting and getting dozens of every item that you don’t even need! Besides most grocery stores do not accept those insane double coupon savings and multiples. So this type of savings is unrealistic for you and me.
2. Before going out, do a quick Google search for products or stores you plan on visiting that day. Do NOT spend more than ten minutes doing so. Searching before you leave is important because most coupons need to be printed and cannot be redeemed on your phone, only some make this exception.
3. Bookmark ten of your favorite couponing websites. They will be updated all day everyday. And add your favorite grocery store’s website to that list. They always have deals going on not available at the store but only online.
4. Take a break, don’t get too involved in the process. The average coupon saves you $.50 to a $1
5. When shopping big ticket items worth hundreds or thousands, don’t count out the possibility of an available rebate or coupon online. Call the manufacturer to see if they can provide you with a list of their current NON-expired coupons and rebates. You’d be surprised what you can save. There are even coupons for automotives that you can find on the internet that can take off $1,000 or more! I bet you never thought they’d release such a discount online for an automobile.
6. Check your local coupon books. These books are great because most of these coupons are not available online and only work for your local area. After a 5 day work week you can confidently go out for that expensive dinner and movie with the right coupons in hand.
7. Look online for a product before leaving the house. Many established companies like Amazon.com and Buy.com offer free shipping with a minimum order and if you can find a discount code online, you can save money both on gas and the product itself!
8. If you have kids, have them help out. They can be bothersome at times, looking for something to do. Well give them a list of products or stores to print out coupons for. They love having objectives and it splits the work up for you so you can get other tasks done!
9. Sometimes buying the generic brand is still a better value than buying the well known brand with a coupon. Stores like Costco try this technique for their slow moving branded items. They offer large savings on these products but when you actually look at the bottom line price, you realize it’s still more expensive than the generic equivalent.
10. Create an extra e-mail account. Use this account to sign up for EVERY store and website you buy from. They will send you great offers and deals every week that most people don’t get access to. You don’t have to read every e-mail they send, just do a search in that e-mail’s inbox for the keywords you want that day and check expiration date.